Veterans Training for VRAP Eligible Vets
Modesto Technical College in CA is here to help Unemployed Veterans make the transition from serving in the armed forces to preparing you for a career in the civilian life.
Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) GI Bill
Older Unemployed Veterans aged 35 - 60 may be able to apply for the newly approved Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) GI Bill. This benefit provides up to 12 months of Montgomery GI Bill benefits for older unemployed Veterans.
As of May 15, older unemployed Veterans are able to apply for technical education benefits worth as much as $17,600 ($1473 a month).
To be eligible for the VRAP GI Bill you must:
- • Be at least 35 but no more than 60 years old.
- • Be unemployed (as determined by the Department of Labor).
- • Not have a dishonorable discharge.
- • Be not eligible for other VA education benefit program.
- • Not be drawing VA compensation due to being considered to be unemployable
- • Not be enrolled in federal or state job training programs.
• Details you should know about the VRAP when you apply:
- The VA plans to begin processing VRAP benefits on July 1, 2012.
- This VRAP benefit will be limited to 45,000 Veterans in FY2012 and 54,000 Veterans from October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014.
- This benefit can only be used for technical training for a high demand occupation. All of our training programs meet this requirement as defined in the latest Va publication. www.benefits.va.gov/vow/docs/VRAP_High_Demand.pdf
Applying for VRAP benefits
See the VA’s VRAP webpage for more details and to apply for benefits. Please feel free to contact us for help in determining if you qualify for VRAP benefits and for help applying for VRAP benefits. See VA application page